The following meetings are scheduled. All Councils have been issued government advice as to how to conduct these meetings digitally. We will inform this detail in our Agenda published in advance of the meeting. We intend asking members of the public to notify the Clerk in advance of the meeting so that we can provide guidance as to how to participate. Please follow the link for help.
There are a significant number of positive COVID-19 cases across Dacorum, with a specific rise in Hemel Hempstead.
Existing self-isolation and testing measures have not contained this local outbreak amongst a group of young people (17-19yrs olds) in a small number of pubs and cafes in the Tring and Berkhamsted area. This has raised the importance of continuing to self-isolate when you are a known contact, even if you have recently tested negative.
Hertfordshire Public Health needs all Dacorum residents to pay close attention to this serious issue of the spread of COVID-19 locally. If you think you may have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, you should self-isolate for 14 days. If you are feeling unwell, you should call?119 or book a test at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Local councils are:
• Keeping under close watch any new cases in the Dacorum area, on a daily basis, and if necessary, deciding whether to enact local powers (eg an enforced local lockdown);
• Putting in place additional surge capacity for local Contact Tracing for priority cases, in addition to the national Test and Trace
• Writing to specific premises with linked cases asking them to contact customers
• Writing to all cafes, pubs and restaurants warning them of the imminent threat to their businesses, of a local lockdown if they don’t follow stringently the existing guidance, especially keeping customer contact details
• Ensuring that that every ‘significant contact’ of an infected person who needs to self-isolate is given clear, written guidance on what they must do
• Promoting the existing twice-weekly mobile testing sites in Hemel Hempstead, as well as the other nearby testing sites
• Trading standards will carrying out spot checks on licensed premises and Hertfo