Welcome to Chipperfield Parish Council
Welcome to the Chipperfield Parish Council website which has the overall objective of making the council more open and accessible to the community as a whole and to provide the community with access to all up to date council business and activities.
We are based at The Village Hall, The Common, Chipperfield, WD4 9BS.
The vision of the Parish Council is to work together with the people of the Parish to improve the quality of life for all. The Council hopes to retain the existing character and community spirit within the Parish, encouraging the development of a strong, inclusive and vibrant community. The Council aims to ensure that all age groups, social groupings and economic sectors are included, addressing their needs and giving them the opportunity to thrive and develop.
Aims and Objectives
Your Council aims to:-
- Provide an effective and accountable local government for the Parish.
- Identify, in partnership with the parishioners and other bodies, the needs of the Parish and seek ways in meeting them.
- Manage the council’s assets and finances effectively.
- Planning and Development.
- To formulate a strategy for the long term development of the Parish.
- Provide views on all relevant consultations, including views on planning applications.
- To raise awareness of the need for a sustainable environment for the Parish.
- Establish close links with the Dacorum Conservation Officer in order to assist in control of inappropriate urban style development in our rural village.
- Continue to ensure the needs and views of Chipperfield are presented as appropriate to the wider community including Dacorum Borough Council and Hertfordshire County Council.
- Maintain and manage the Common, in partnership with the Dacorum Woodland Officer.
- Provide cost effective management of the allotment field.
- Seek ways to reduce litter in the Parish.
- Provide safer traffic movements in the Parish by continuing to press for urgent attention to highways matters.
- Continue to press for a safer community through liaison with the Police.
- Encourage provision of facilities for the youth of the village.
- To support all village organisations and societies providing grant funding where appropriate.
The administrative parish of Chipperfield lies on the dip slope of the Chilterns approximately 5 miles south-west of Hemel Hempstead. It is situated in the Borough of Dacorum and forms part of the electoral ward of Bovingdon, Flaunden and Chipperfield.
The Parish Council was formed in 1958 by being separated from the administrative parish of Kings Langley. There are eight elected councillors who employ a part-time Clerk, and a Village Warden. The councillors all work on a purely voluntary basis.
The Parish Council is financed by raising a precept on all of the residential properties in Chipperfield. This and all financial details (current and historical) can be found in the “Reports and Audit” section of this web page. In addition the Parish Council manages the additional annual grants provided by Dacorum Borough Council for specific village services.
The Parish Council seeks to support other village organisations both with practical and financial help and there is Parish Council representation for the Allotments , Chipperfield News, the Village Hall, sports organisations, Chipperfield Care and it also has a close liaison with St Paul’s School.
Usha KilichClerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Peter Sadler Village Warden is the Council's "eyes and ears", working hard to support the green areas, the allotments as well as helping to keep the village tidy and report issues to the Clerk for actions by relevant authorities